Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #21
ctrump90

ctrump90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
ok my grandma lives in marion and is from aurora. i know where normal is..the truck i bought is in decatur
Ya I was just checking that out. Looks like a sweet rig. I love to ride to but I have had to get rid of all my toys for now. Ill have them back soon enou.gh. Thanks for your service btw.
vice president of Sarah C. Trump cancer foundation
Need custom vinyl or stickers made? Pm me for information
ctrump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #22
crackerjack

crackerjack is on a distinguished road

thanks man. i hope the best for ya. when you get a new bike we'll have to meet up for a ride
crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
crackerjack

and thank you for your support
crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #24
ctrump90

thanks man. i hope the best for ya. when you get a new bike we'll have to meet up for a ride
and thank you for your support
ya man. as soon as i get some things figured out im going to get myself on a bike again. Just to crazy right now. but i definitely miss riding... was an escape from reality.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #25
ctrump90

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
So this thread is inspired by Corey or "ctrump90" and him starting the "Sarah C. Trump Foundation" in memory of his sister and her battle with cancer.

I thought this thread would be a good thread for those of us who have/had relatives who have , or are battling cancer, or any other type of major illness that plagues us.

Ill kick it off.

A little over 2 years ago my mom got diagnosed with endometrial cancer. It got diagnosed when she started to have some abdominal discomfort. She had a hysterectomy to remove the cancer, and the majority of the areas the cancer could have spread. She went through about 6 months of chemo therapy and another 3 weeks of radiation. She showed no signs of cancer at that point. She finished up chemo right when my daughter was born, shes her first grandkid. it was a big deal, we joked that they can start growing their hair together.

About a month and a half my mom came down with giardia which is a parasite usually picked up at day cares and preschools. So since she worked at a day care this made sense. After a couple of weeks of antibiotics the giartia was gone, but the abdominal pain wasn't. A CT scan revealed a tumor that size of a small cantaloupe or a big grapefruit, about 13 centimeters in diameter. Thats a damn big tumor. Since then she has had 2 rounds of chemo, has a third for this thursday, and a fourth scheduled for 3 weeks after. Shes going to have another CT scan before the fourth chemo and if the tumor is small enough they're going to cancel the chemo and schedule a surgery to remove the mass.

Ill post more details as I get them.

I encourage anyone to post their experiences, maybe we can help our fellow truck enthusiasts get through some tough times!!!

Im not a religious person but I also thought this would be a good place for some thoughtt and for prayers for those who would be helped by knowing there are friends out there thinking/praying for everyone.

thank you for doing this sir
Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #26
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

No problem man. When it comes to the "C" word and its dealings we are all brothers. Its also to help anyone else who comes to the forum, or any new cases that come up. Just so the guys know there are other members fighting the same battle, whether it be a family member or themselves there are people here to give advice.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #27
ctrump90

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
No problem man. When it comes to the "C" word and its dealings we are all brothers. Its also to help anyone else who comes to the forum, or any new cases that come up. Just so the guys know there are other members fighting the same battle, whether it be a family member or themselves there are people here to give advice.
This is what i like about this forum.. we all drive something different but we all get along.... I was expecting alot more fighting over here. I like that we are all gearheads and still dont care what u drive there is still support... i love it.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
crackerjack

thats how it should be man. we can still pick on eachother about drivin somethin different but we are all grown ass men that know its just a joke and can laugh it off or come back with a response without it being serious. i look forward to meetin all you guys in person, it's a great bunch we got on here.
kinda like the military branch rivalries, we all dog on eachother but as soon as a civ messes with another brother (no matter what branch) it's over for em lol
Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

Yeah, West will boot anyone outta here who causes any problems. He doesnt put up with that shat.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #30
crackerjack

good. hopefully no one comes over and causes any trouble though