View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Stroked68 View Post
Good thread! I've lost alot of friends and family to cancer. My moms dad had lung cancer (smoker) and they got rid of that but it spread to his brain and that was it. 1993 was when he left us. Sometimes you wonder what your life wouldve been like if that particular person was there. Lost my Dads dad to pancreatic cancer. 6months after the diagnoses he also left us. Right now our old parts guy was diagnosed with lung cancer (smoker) and they fixed that but it also spread to his brain. Hes in hospice care right now. We saw him last week and he pretty much didnt know who we were or anything. Hes been workin for us since 93 and he quit in 2011. Pretty much like an uncle to us. Just so sad to see someone who used to be so sharp and smart go down hill so fast. Hurts even more when they dont know or recognize you. I think it would be cool to have like a get together or somethin for a cause like this.
Actually Corey is trying to get an annual Drag day going in support of this. He posted here about it. He is still working on it, but could use all the support he can get.

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote