Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Interests/Hobbies????? (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=84)

06VT365 03-17-2012 10:55 PM

Interests/Hobbies?????

So what do ya'll do for fun?.....other than hanging out here that is?

I enjoy movies, books, walks on the beach and .......oh crap thats for the other forum!!:happy3:

Main hobby for me is the family Mustangs. My wifes family all are into mustangs, thats how I met her actually, through car shows and getting to know her family that way...one thing led to another and we ended up married.

so we spend time at the dragstrip about 2 weekends a month. Mostly test n tunes, brother in law does race some 10.5 tire classes but we're inbetween cars for that right now.

Like to play golf, enjoy all motorsports, although I dont have my sleds, quads, or bikes anymore
as I sold them all a few years back cause I didnt get to use them enough.

Other than that its spending time with my 4 month old baby girl, watching football, NASCAR, wrenching on others cars and comeing up with the next mod for my truck.

Anybody else wanna share?

Just trying to get some more threads going!

Bdons-SD 03-17-2012 11:18 PM

Well, I have the spending time with the family as an obligated answer ha ha. Goin out and doin stuff with my wife and little girl takes up most of my time. Other than my truck I drum. I was in a band for a few years but once my good friend quit because of a new job (him and i started the band), the other guys were slackers and didnt want the responsibility of playing in a band, only the fun. I got stuck with some studio rent so I told them im out. Now Ive got my kit set up in the garage and im working on learning some covers instead. Maybe do some drumming gigs for some bars or clubs when I get a few songs down. Maybe join another band, im not really sure. I kind of enjoy the freedom to play what I want when I want and not have to depend on anyone else. Ive also been learning guitar, and working on some recording and editing stuff just for fun. Im big into music.

Big'un 03-18-2012 12:16 AM

Spendn time with the wife and son. Helpn buddies work on there trucks. Ima a volunteer firefighter so that kinda keeps me busy. I used to race dirt cars but it cost to much so i droppd out. Mowin my yard and keepn my yard and crap neat n clean. Piddlin on my old truck. Thats bout it

ssgjohnson 03-18-2012 04:20 AM

when Uncle Sam isnt riding me, I love grillin out and drinking a few brews. I enjoy the crap out of some college footbal. i used to be all about the NFL, but the league has taken a nose-dive. I love fishing. I grew up catching rainbow trout up in the PNW, but I've fallen in love with the saltwater fishing since ive been in Florida. Mostly its all about family time for me. Taking my kids fishing. when i get the opportunity, id like to get back into hunting again. I was trying to get some people down here to do a hog hunt, but now im leaving FL too soon so...

06VT365 03-18-2012 05:07 AM

[QUOTE=ssgjohnson;1297]when Uncle Sam isnt riding me, I love grillin out and drinking a few brews. I enjoy the crap out of some college footbal. i used to be all about the NFL, but the league has taken a nose-dive.

I enjoy college sports more than professional too. I will always follow my 9ers, but that's about it professionally, where as with college I could watch about any game. Iowa Hawkeye Fan all my life, cause they are only an hour away! But my favorite (non home) team to watch is Oregon :favorites37:

westtnfx4 03-18-2012 07:21 AM

Great idea!

I used to be a mustang head (still am just don't have any at the moment) I've had 12 GT''s /LX's. I love them.

I used to ride street bikes ( HD bobbers is my bike of choice) and dirt bikes. I ride 4 wheelers some but not as much as I used to.

I like to duck hunt. Going to do more hunting this year cause of a job switch. Going turkey hunting is 2 weeks. Prolly get back into some deer hunting.

Also enjoy time with my family (they only grow up once) Working on trucks,helping Big'un when he changes his mind all the time :jester:

Big'un 03-18-2012 11:16 AM

:facepalm: :jester:

Speaking of college fooseball ROLL DAM TIDE!

01 D_Max 03-18-2012 11:31 AM

I am into racing of any kind. I love NASCAR, and I support a couple friends who race sportsman dirt cars. I have jetski's, boat, and an a Quad. I am looking to get a Motorcycle in the next couple years.

I love to work on my truck, and help friends. I grill out every weekend with the whole family. I'm also into camping... 5er style. I play sports with my friends, which is getting harder and harder with both rotator cuffs tore. But still do it anyway.

I really like to hang out with people, so I am doing whatever others are doing. Bowling... Bonfires... Movies... Dinner out. Whatever!

ssgjohnson 03-19-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06VT365 (Post 1298)
I enjoy college sports more than professional too. I will always follow my 9ers, but that's about it professionally, where as with college I could watch about any game. Iowa Hawkeye Fan all my life, cause they are only an hour away! But my favorite (non home) team to watch is Oregon :favorites37:

I hear that alot. i cant think of too many teams that are more fun to watch than Oregon. I mean, 2 rushes for 155 yds and two TDs!? You guys know that pretty soon we are going to have to start a CFB thread right? hell, we may even need to have sub-forums within. WTD!

ssgjohnson 03-19-2012 12:04 AM

i forgot something in my origional post, probably because i have been recovering from multiple surgeries for the past few months and havent been able to, but i LOVE working out. its probably the third biggest part of my life behind God and Family. Im also a level three Modern Army Combatives instructor and i dabble in brazilian jui jitsu. I met a friend here named Rob Khan, he owns three gyms and is an origional Royce Gracie black belt. He and i get together from time to time and he teaches me some things by causing me great deals of pain and discomfort.
my latest surgery is a product of said activities....