PDA

View Full Version : Interests/Hobbies?????

06VT365
03-17-2012, 10:55 PM
So what do ya'll do for fun?.....other than hanging out here that is?

I enjoy movies, books, walks on the beach and .......oh crap thats for the other forum!!:happy3:

Main hobby for me is the family Mustangs. My wifes family all are into mustangs, thats how I met her actually, through car shows and getting to know her family that way...one thing led to another and we ended up married.

so we spend time at the dragstrip about 2 weekends a month. Mostly test n tunes, brother in law does race some 10.5 tire classes but we're inbetween cars for that right now.

Like to play golf, enjoy all motorsports, although I dont have my sleds, quads, or bikes anymore
as I sold them all a few years back cause I didnt get to use them enough.

Other than that its spending time with my 4 month old baby girl, watching football, NASCAR, wrenching on others cars and comeing up with the next mod for my truck.

Anybody else wanna share?

Just trying to get some more threads going!

Bdons-SD
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, I have the spending time with the family as an obligated answer ha ha. Goin out and doin stuff with my wife and little girl takes up most of my time. Other than my truck I drum. I was in a band for a few years but once my good friend quit because of a new job (him and i started the band), the other guys were slackers and didnt want the responsibility of playing in a band, only the fun. I got stuck with some studio rent so I told them im out. Now Ive got my kit set up in the garage and im working on learning some covers instead. Maybe do some drumming gigs for some bars or clubs when I get a few songs down. Maybe join another band, im not really sure. I kind of enjoy the freedom to play what I want when I want and not have to depend on anyone else. Ive also been learning guitar, and working on some recording and editing stuff just for fun. Im big into music.

Big'un
03-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Spendn time with the wife and son. Helpn buddies work on there trucks. Ima a volunteer firefighter so that kinda keeps me busy. I used to race dirt cars but it cost to much so i droppd out. Mowin my yard and keepn my yard and crap neat n clean. Piddlin on my old truck. Thats bout it

ssgjohnson
03-18-2012, 04:20 AM
when Uncle Sam isnt riding me, I love grillin out and drinking a few brews. I enjoy the crap out of some college footbal. i used to be all about the NFL, but the league has taken a nose-dive. I love fishing. I grew up catching rainbow trout up in the PNW, but I've fallen in love with the saltwater fishing since ive been in Florida. Mostly its all about family time for me. Taking my kids fishing. when i get the opportunity, id like to get back into hunting again. I was trying to get some people down here to do a hog hunt, but now im leaving FL too soon so...

06VT365
03-18-2012, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE=ssgjohnson;1297]when Uncle Sam isnt riding me, I love grillin out and drinking a few brews. I enjoy the crap out of some college footbal. i used to be all about the NFL, but the league has taken a nose-dive.

I enjoy college sports more than professional too. I will always follow my 9ers, but that's about it professionally, where as with college I could watch about any game. Iowa Hawkeye Fan all my life, cause they are only an hour away! But my favorite (non home) team to watch is Oregon :favorites37:

westtnfx4
03-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Great idea!

I used to be a mustang head (still am just don't have any at the moment) I've had 12 GT''s /LX's. I love them.

I used to ride street bikes ( HD bobbers is my bike of choice) and dirt bikes. I ride 4 wheelers some but not as much as I used to.

I like to duck hunt. Going to do more hunting this year cause of a job switch. Going turkey hunting is 2 weeks. Prolly get back into some deer hunting.

Also enjoy time with my family (they only grow up once) Working on trucks,helping Big'un when he changes his mind all the time :jester:

Big'un
03-18-2012, 11:16 AM
:facepalm: :jester:

Speaking of college fooseball ROLL DAM TIDE!

01 D_Max
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I am into racing of any kind. I love NASCAR, and I support a couple friends who race sportsman dirt cars. I have jetski's, boat, and an a Quad. I am looking to get a Motorcycle in the next couple years.

I love to work on my truck, and help friends. I grill out every weekend with the whole family. I'm also into camping... 5er style. I play sports with my friends, which is getting harder and harder with both rotator cuffs tore. But still do it anyway.

I really like to hang out with people, so I am doing whatever others are doing. Bowling... Bonfires... Movies... Dinner out. Whatever!

ssgjohnson
03-19-2012, 12:00 AM
I enjoy college sports more than professional too. I will always follow my 9ers, but that's about it professionally, where as with college I could watch about any game. Iowa Hawkeye Fan all my life, cause they are only an hour away! But my favorite (non home) team to watch is Oregon :favorites37:

I hear that alot. i cant think of too many teams that are more fun to watch than Oregon. I mean, 2 rushes for 155 yds and two TDs!? You guys know that pretty soon we are going to have to start a CFB thread right? hell, we may even need to have sub-forums within. WTD!

ssgjohnson
03-19-2012, 12:04 AM
i forgot something in my origional post, probably because i have been recovering from multiple surgeries for the past few months and havent been able to, but i LOVE working out. its probably the third biggest part of my life behind God and Family. Im also a level three Modern Army Combatives instructor and i dabble in brazilian jui jitsu. I met a friend here named Rob Khan, he owns three gyms and is an origional Royce Gracie black belt. He and i get together from time to time and he teaches me some things by causing me great deals of pain and discomfort.
my latest surgery is a product of said activities....

Bdons-SD
03-19-2012, 01:25 AM
^^^ Thats awesome! I actually trained in shudokan karate for 11 years. earned my first degree certified blackbelt. Thats the culprit to my achy knee and most likely my lower back too...

ssgjohnson
03-19-2012, 01:34 AM
^^^ Thats awesome! I actually trained in shudokan karate for 11 years. earned my first degree certified blackbelt. Thats the culprit to my achy knee and most likely my lower back too...

thats friggin sweet, and dedicated. im more of a part time guy. I teach the courses at my unit and organize competitions and all that jazz, but im too injury prone to really go into it hard... wich sucks. I was a wrestler in HS and Rob keeps pushing me to do it more seriously... he tells me i'm a natural and could probably go pro MMA with about a year of hard training. I just dont think i got the heart or body for it anymore.

Bdons-SD
03-19-2012, 02:03 AM
I hear ya man, I stopped when I was 19, thats where I met my gf at the time, she quit about a month before I did. so with working full time it was either time with her, or continue training. Since we were together for a long time I figured it was best to devote more time to work and her. Ive often thought about starting back up, but now That im married and have a kid its tough to do so, Im sure you know that game ha ha. Im way out of shape now, ive been eating better and once my back heals up Im going to start exercising more.

ssgjohnson
03-19-2012, 02:43 AM
I hear ya man, I stopped when I was 19, thats where I met my gf at the time, she quit about a month before I did. so with working full time it was either time with her, or continue training. Since we were together for a long time I figured it was best to devote more time to work and her. Ive often thought about starting back up, but now That im married and have a kid its tough to do so, Im sure you know that game ha ha. Im way out of shape now, ive been eating better and once my back heals up Im going to start exercising more.

in order to kinda have my cake and eat it too, ive actually been training my wife and kids as well. wich in turn helps the wifey understand the need for me to train when i can. its still not alot, maybe a couple of times a month outside of teaching classes, but its better than nothing. and there is no better feeling than watching your daughter put a kid into a triangle choke for messing with her little brother! Ive started her on the kickboxing now that i feel she has self control. the rest of the kids have some maturing to do before i teach them anything substantial, but my nine year old daughter is catching on to this stuff scary fast.

I've gotten out of shape with this recent rash of surgeries as well. ive lost over 30 lbs since December. When i was lifting and everything, i was leveled off at between 240 and 250, now im right around 210 and soft everywhere... it blows. im actually thinking about not getting as big next time around and just staying around 215-225, but once i get back into it, i may not be able to stop myself.

Bdons-SD
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Ha ha, my old roommate was like that, hes a short little guy so he had to work out to make up for it. He was working out for over a year and bulked up quite a bit, probably an extra 20 pounds, then he wrecked his bike and broke his wrist. he was out for maybe 6-8 months before he could start working out fully again. He gained it back within a couple of months, but it wasnt enough ha ha. he started going more and more, and doing more and more protein shakes, lots of pasta. he was eating ike 9k calories a day. it was ridiculous.

Kick boxing is a crazy good sport to get into for self defense. I hope my daughter gets into some sort of martial arts, the self defense and the confidence boosting is really god for kids.

ssgjohnson
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Ha ha, my old roommate was like that, hes a short little guy so he had to work out to make up for it. He was working out for over a year and bulked up quite a bit, probably an extra 20 pounds, then he wrecked his bike and broke his wrist. he was out for maybe 6-8 months before he could start working out fully again. He gained it back within a couple of months, but it wasnt enough ha ha. he started going more and more, and doing more and more protein shakes, lots of pasta. he was eating ike 9k calories a day. it was ridiculous.

Kick boxing is a crazy good sport to get into for self defense. I hope my daughter gets into some sort of martial arts, the self defense and the confidence boosting is really god for kids.

I loved learning kickboxing during my level three training, it was probably the most fun ive had in the army. I still love the BJJ aspect, but there is something special about seeing your opponent shift his weight to throw a kick, and beating it with a right cross right on the button to put the lights out...match over! Martial arts is great for kids, but i dont think alot of people understand that. it builds a huge amount of confidence, as well as disciplin. you rarely hear about kids that train in martial arts running around starting fights.

the craziest diet i have ever went on was 14k calories/day. My wife and i were going through a rough patch on one of my deployments and i lost about 20 lbs because i wasnt eating, sleeping, or working out. when we smoothed things out i only had 33 days until i was going to be home for leave and i wanted to look as impressive as possible. I cranked up my calories, lifted heavy and hard for three days a week and ran to keep fat down. i ended up gaining 30lbs in those 33 days. muscle memory is sweetness!

Bdons-SD
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/wilsnwbord4food/stupid%20stuff/unrealmuscle.jpg

:jester: :jester: :jester:

ba ha ha!!

ssgjohnson
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
^ where did you get my pic?

not even, at least i could still whipe my ass

Stroked68
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Playin with my Fords, goin camping, ridin my jet ski at the lake. Take trips on my motorcycle, go muddin with my brute and racing my kfx450 at local tracks. I raise chickens, have about 30 of them so we get fresh eggs. Im quite the nerd. Love old cartoons like warner bros stuff. I watch Futurama, transformers. Love the big bang theory! I collect transformers and have tons of old and new hotwheels cars and matchbox cars. I love cutting wood since we heat with it. I've been gettin into rc short course trucks. We have a small motocross track here and we use it for the quads and rc trucks. I want to do more car shows once I get my cobra back on the road. I plan on doin the hot rod power tour hopefully in a few yrs. Painting it like the mustang police car in the first transformers movie hehe. I love goin to colorado to ride the trails with the quads! Go explorin old mines and ghost towns is a blast!

01 D_Max
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
I am definately no nerd...... But I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! That frickin show is awesome. I have all the episodes on DVD.

Big'un
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
I like watchn the big bang theroy to see the hot blonde , i cnt rmbr her name lol

westtnfx4
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah she's hawt

06VT365
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Kaley cuoco or something like that. I remember the first show she was on, 8 simple rules. Man she was smoking! Still is!

01 D_Max
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
...Penny,... Penny,... Penny

HDdave
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Great idea!

I used to be a mustang head (still am just don't have any at the moment) I've had 12 GT''s /LX's. I love them.

I used to ride street bikes ( HD bobbers is my bike of choice) and dirt bikes. I ride 4 wheelers some but not as much as I used to.

I like to duck hunt. Going to do more hunting this year cause of a job switch. Going turkey hunting is 2 weeks. Prolly get back into some deer hunting.

Also enjoy time with my family (they only grow up once) Working on trucks,helping Big'un when he changes his mind all the time :jester:

Duck hunting is the sh1t. By far my favorite hunting to do. Archery is a close second. I spend a lot of time snow boarding, cutting firewood, building kitchens, boating, wakeboarding, fishing... Yeah I mean I stay busy haha

01 D_Max
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
"Building Kitchens" kinda just got thrown in there.....

Bdons-SD
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I like watchn the big bang theroy to see the hot blonde , i cnt rmbr her name lol

Im watching it right meow... :leghump:

Agjake11
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Tv and trucks are big here. That and football. Love tailgating, just bought our season tickets for the aggies today..... SEC SEC SEC.......really just like being outside doing whatever, helping friends with trucks or cars etc and getting out to the lake in the summer to take the boat or skis out. Work just gets in the way of wrenching but does help pay for a lot of it. Its getting to the point where my boy is able to help out and play outside alot more so this summer should be really fun That and drinking during most all of it

Bdons-SD
03-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Im surprised no one has labeled "beer" as a hobby :jester:

Agjake11
03-20-2012, 12:33 AM
You missed the last sentence of my post. Cough cough.

Bdons-SD
03-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Thats what made me think of "beer" in specific ha ha

Stroked68
03-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I am definately no nerd...... But I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! That frickin show is awesome. I have all the episodes on DVD.

I also have all the dvds. Best show ever. Waitin for the new season.

Bdons-SD
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I downloaded the whip app from the episode that was on a week or so ago Ba ha

06VT365
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
One of my "hobbies" is doing spray on liners. I am a Vortex Liners Dealer..Custom Coatings Of Iowa. But I say it's a hobbie cause it doesn't provide enough income to be a job right now. I really like doing it, and hope someday it gets to be busy enough to actualy pay for itself! These are just a couple pics I have right now. We do bedliners, protective coating on trucks, and also decorative concrete coatings.

I Love nothing more than getting nice clean lines on them! This truck had a brand new B&W Turnover ball G/N Hitch to spray around.
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/DD519C40-orig.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/712E1C4F-orig.jpg

And some rockers I did on a superduty....
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/F066450C-orig.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/6106AE0B-orig.jpg

Bdons-SD
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
That looks pretty awesome man! Since you do coatings I bet you're the guy to ask, I have a rhino lining spray in on my truck and it's beat to hell, it's peeling up in places and junk. I know trying to peel it all up would be a pain, but if I cut off the spots that are peeling up and "fill" it with herculiner, can I just do a roll on over the existing rhinoliner? Or will there be issues with it no adhering?

06VT365
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM
:happy160:Why thank ya!! I take lots a pride in it.....probably why I cant make a living at it yet, takes me too long!!

I wish I could me of more help to ya, but I dont know about the adhesion properties of Herculiner. They one of the better do it yourself kits, but I couldnt tell ya for sure if it would adhere to a rhino or not. I know that Vortex will adhere to any other liner..i originally had line-x in my truck, and after a year it was falling apart (bad install mainly) when I bought the vortex machine I sprayed over it and its been great for 3 years now.

I would reccomend calling herculiner, or just clean an area real good, try to scuff the old material some if you can, and try putting the herculiner over it and see what happens. It very well may work just fine.....but I cant guarantee it

Stroked68
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Wish you were closer, i'd love to redo the lowers and do my bed of my truck. Would look sweet. Could you paint the vortex liners?

westtnfx4
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
One of my "hobbies" is doing spray on liners. I am a Vortex Liners Dealer..Custom Coatings Of Iowa. But I say it's a hobbie cause it doesn't provide enough income to be a job right now. I really like doing it, and hope someday it gets to be busy enough to actualy pay for itself! These are just a couple pics I have right now. We do bedliners, protective coating on trucks, and also decorative concrete coatings.

I Love nothing more than getting nice clean lines on them! This truck had a brand new B&W Turnover ball G/N Hitch to spray around.
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/DD519C40-orig.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/712E1C4F-orig.jpg

And some rockers I did on a superduty....
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/F066450C-orig.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u479/Martzie1026/Snapbucket/6106AE0B-orig.jpg

That's some great looking work dude :favorites37:

Big'un
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
good lookin liner dude , and that sb wud b hot with sum black wheels

Stroked68
03-20-2012, 09:04 PM
My favorite hobby. Flat trackin at Douglas County fairgrounds. Had to use the stupid numbers they asign you! Im number 16 but im really number 68!

My 08 Kawi 450r.

They also had a utility class. It was just me and my buddy racing our Kawi's. 05 Kawi bruteForce 750 4x4.

Got first in my heat race and got to the main event. Finished 4th or 5th. I was up against guys that have quads made for flat trackin. They need to have a class with guys runnin flat track tires and us guys runnin knobbies.

First time ever racin flat track. I was happy hehe. I was racin with 2 of my other buddies also runnin 450 kawi's.

Got the holeshot!

06VT365
03-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys! I really enjoy doing it. Stroked...you can't paint the liner but it comes in about 200 different colors. Itsva 2 step process when doing other colors, gotta spray the vortex material on, the we put a uv stable top coat material over it in the color. The material is also made by vortex, called granitex.

Stroked68
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys! I really enjoy doing it. Stroked...you can't paint the liner but it comes in about 200 different colors. Itsva 2 step process when doing other colors, gotta spray the vortex material on, the we put a uv stable top coat material over it in the color. The material is also made by vortex, called granitex.

Cool, didnt know that. Are there alot of dealers out there for vortex? Never heard of them, atleast around here. We mainly have linex here. I used duplicolor spray on liner in the can. So far its holdin up good except where I didnt prep it good enough.

Bdons-SD
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I used liner that was actually colored on my rear rocker panel. Didnt match perfect but its pretty damn close. Ill have to dig the can out and see what the name of it was. Its a little harder than bedliner, but its used for bedliner, boat decks, docks, pretty much anything that would need a skid proof coating. Ive had it on there for a few months and its holding up nice.

06VT365
03-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Cool, didnt know that. Are there alot of dealers out there for vortex? Never heard of them, atleast around here. We mainly have linex here. I used duplicolor spray on liner in the can. So far its holdin up good except where I didnt prep it good enough.

There are 1500 in the country. But most people never heard of them, unfortunatly for us dealers they dont advertise much. It is a great product, and is amazing really, but most ads I see are for selling machines not product.

Bdons-SD
03-21-2012, 01:51 AM
If you were near wa Id have you do mine ha ha.

06VT365
03-21-2012, 08:12 AM
If you were near wa Id have you do mine ha ha.

Well the system is portable! but the mileage charge would kill ya! :hands:

HDdave
03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
"Building Kitchens" kinda just got thrown in there.....

Yeah... I enjoy the cabinet work for the most part. Wood working is fun actually. Pays for all the **** on my truck too.. hahaha

Bdons-SD
03-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Well the system is portable! but the mileage charge would kill ya! :hands:

ba ha! yeah..

01 D_Max
03-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeah... I enjoy the cabinet work for the most part. Wood working is fun actually. Pays for all the **** on my truck too.. hahaha

Oh gotcha... I install kitchens, and bathrooms. I consider that building kitchens, but actually making the cabinets would be fun too. I love wood working too. I made a custom door for a friend the other day and loved every minuite of it.

Bdons-SD
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
I wish I had a shop, I love working with wood. I just don't have the room to do it often. I'm workin on getting a shop in our next house though. Having the house built so I'm going to see about getting a matching shop built with it.

01 D_Max
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
I have an enclosed trailer as my shop. It holds my tools, and gets me out of the rain when Im on the job. I also have tents like for over a picnic table. For if the tools are outside. I tell everyone I'm going to start selling Hot Dogs, cause I look like a vendor. hahaha

Big'un
03-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I have a 24x30 wired, insulated shop :D

Bdons-SD
03-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I have an enclosed trailer as my shop. It holds my tools, and gets me out of the rain when Im on the job. I also have tents like for over a picnic table. For if the tools are outside. I tell everyone I'm going to start selling Hot Dogs, cause I look like a vendor. hahaha

We are lookin at getting one of those for the same purpose. Same with the easy ups.

Bdons-SD
03-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I have a 24x30 wired, insulated shop :D

Yeah I know, you already had to rub that one in :jester:

01 D_Max
03-22-2012, 09:01 PM
As far as shops go... I have a 30x50 garage that I devote to mechanics. Got a Mohawk car lift. 15' ceiling. (2) lathes, a milling machine, tire changing machine, and any tool you can think of.

Big'un
03-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh **** u got me beat :jester:

Big'un
03-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Heres mine , in the last pic u can see my lighted cummins sign of the shop

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/2de6f7f5.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/57f14b79.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/0eeacc6b.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww33/731signtech/17c64777.jpg

Bdons-SD
03-22-2012, 11:15 PM
doesnt look like blowcaine fits! ba ha

Big'un
03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Yea it fit , my red truck fits to

Bdons-SD
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
must be within a couple inches ha ha

Big'un
03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Yea scrappn lol

westtnfx4
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Recognize this shop ? :jester:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/chopperabe/2446ddf8.jpg

Bdons-SD
03-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Bah ha!! :jester:

westtnfx4
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
:jester:

01 D_Max
03-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Here's pics of the garage.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/garage.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g2.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g5.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g3.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g6.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g9.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g7.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/exploder89/g8.jpg

Big'un
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Dayum i want yer shop!

01 D_Max
03-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Not bad huh?

Big'un
03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
I just wish i had a taller ceilin and a lift

Agjake11
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
im very jealous of that shop.

Bdons-SD
03-23-2012, 11:40 PM
As am I...

Bigbluediesel08
03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Nice shop! May I borrow it for my build? :hmmm2:

Bdons-SD
03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
May I borrow it forever?

01 D_Max
03-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Sure I will ship it UPS,FEDEX,DHL,and smaller packages USPS! You want both 5ers too?

Roush PSD Interceptor
03-24-2012, 09:20 PM
After having both knees totally replaced my hobbies have moved from camping and hiking to
more guns and mechanical hobbies.

I still have a 20ft cuddy cabin boat inline 6, just bought a 1999 Honda Foreman 450 S 4x4.

I have RC boats, planes and Traxxas nitro trucks, I want to
teach wrenching and mechanics to my son who is 7 and old enough to start getting grease under his fingernails.

Built from a kit, Stingray two seater go cart, 6.5hp Baja.
I have a 1970's single seat go cart rebuilt with a Tecumseh Power Sport and a
modified Dirt Bug mini bike with a 6.5hp Baja.

The wife wants to get a pontoon boat but I ain't much on small outboards.
They make them with an I/O setup would be what we're looking for.
I want to be able to run at 40-45 mph, not putt around like a grandpa.

Stroked68
03-24-2012, 09:24 PM
After having both knees totally replaced my hobbies have moved from camping and hiking to
more guns and mechanical hobbies.

I still have a 20ft cuddy cabin boat inline 6, just bought a 1999 Honda Foreman 450 S 4x4.

I have RC boats, planes and Traxxas nitro trucks, I want to
teach wrenching and mechanics to my son who is 7 and old enough to start getting grease under his fingernails.

Built from a kit, Stingray two seater go cart, 6.5hp Baja.
I have a 1970's single seat go cart rebuilt with a Tecumseh Power Sport and a
modified Dirt Bug mini bike with a 6.5hp Baja.

The wife wants to get a pontoon boat but I ain't much on small outboards.
They make them with an I/O setup would be what were looking for.
I want to be able to run at 40-45 mph, not putt around like a grandpa.

Traxxas makes awesome stuff! Thats the only rc i will buy. I bought a kawasaki edition slash 4x4. Love that truck! Tough as hell and parts are cheap. Sucks buyin lipos though.

06VT365
03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I was into nitro trucks waaay back when they first came out. Still have one, old school team associated rc10gt......yes that old!! I was 13 when I bought that, holy crap!!.... That's 18 years ago, my how time flies!

Havent ran it for at least 9 years, just sits in the basement collecting dust. But man were they fun! Every year I say I am going to get it out and get it running again, at this point it would be cheaper to buy a new one!

Stroked68
03-24-2012, 11:47 PM
I was into nitro trucks waaay back when they first came out. Still have one, old school team associated rc10gt......yes that old!! I was 13 when I bought that, holy crap!!.... That's 18 years ago, my how time flies!

Havent ran it for at least 9 years, just sits in the basement collecting dust. But man were they fun! Every year I say I am going to get it out and get it running again, at this point it would be cheaper to buy a new one!

Its funny but that was probably the fastest nitro out there. Now its all about brushless electrics. Electrics are way faster than the fuel powered ones. I love the sound of the gas powered ones but just dont want to deal with the maintenance of them. One of my friends is into the rock crawlers. Those are awesome! Too slow for my taste though hehe. Give me a truck and a ramp! Lets fly'em!

Bdons-SD
03-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I had a traxxas revo 3.3 a few years ago. didnt keep it long. It was fun as hell, but drained my wallet faster than anything ive ever owned.

Big'un
03-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Sc10 and hpi trucks r were its at , a slash cant hang with em if done right , i know i waxed a whole field with my father in laws sc10 and i had never drove one before

Bdons-SD
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Theyre definitely fun, I thought about getting a starter RC heli for a while. electric at first, then maybe a nitro if I like the hobby.

Big'un
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
electric ftw , nitro are to much work

Bdons-SD
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Most think workin on em is half the fun.

06VT365
03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
electric ftw , nitro are to much work

For sure! I was always tuning my nitro!

My in-laws were all into electrics, pan cars, off road buggies mainly. Father in-law still builds some electric motors for a few local guys that still race.

I just had to have nitro though cause I had to have fuel instead of electric!

Bdons-SD
03-26-2012, 01:15 PM
There is something nifty about not charging batteries. Though you still have the battery for the servos and the starter.

Roush PSD Interceptor
03-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I took those EZ start POSs off my nitro trucks.
I have a much better start using the pull cords
and a Hot Shot 2 on the glow plug.

Fill with fuel, pull fuel line from carb connection,
drain until fuel comes out, reconnect to carb fitting.

Using the setting from the last run on the needle valve,
(smoky blue) I pull it once with my finger over the exhaust to send fuel
into the carb, pull once or twice more and she is running.

I always used after run oil and have had few problems.

blacksmoking
03-29-2012, 10:09 AM
We've got walking horses, i'll post a picture of mine. She's not broke yet, or registered. We go on rides every once and a while. My sisters do show theirs, but we don't put heavy shoes or pads on any of them, the movement is all natural.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427699_3212414720965_1584204850_2668453_949245288_ n.jpg